Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!

I know I'm a little slow, but about 10 days ago, on the 23rd of May, Martin and I celebrated our 6th anniversary!! It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. We just spent the whole day together and we had such a great time!! I thought it was neat how other people put a couple of their wedding pictures on their posts, so I thought I would as well just to reminisce a little bit. Anyway, I can't believe it has already been 6 years. And I can't believe we already have 3 kids!!:) I'm sure all of you can totally relate, but I have been thinking since my anniversary about how I can't remember ever being single!! Isn't it amazing how within about a month of being married, you can't remember anything different? And isn't it also amazing how much more you love each other within just a week, and then a month, and so forth? I think about when I got married and I was definitely in love, but the things I love Martin for now and the depth of my love have increased so much over the last 6 years. It makes me feel like we were just in puppy love when we got married!! Anyway, I know that was a bit sentimental, but I just thought I would share some of my thoughts about our anniversary! I love you, Martin!!




Now, on a lighter note, we did have a lot of fun on our anniversary. We played Donkey Konga on the Gamecube for a while in the morning. We used to stay up and play it after the kids went to bed when we lived in Casper, and we hadn't played it in forever. It was fun. Mylee even got involved and she had a lot of fun!!





Then we just chatted and watched movies and played with the kids and enjoyed our little family, which I love to do. That night we drove to Montpelier to go to dinner and it was so nice to enjoy a nice, quiet dinner together. Then, that night is when things got a little crazy!! We went over to Traci's house because Lori was staying over there and we had a little party!! We played American Idol on Kevin and Zoe's Playstation3 3. It was so much fun!! I know in these pictures that we all look like a bunch of morons, but hey, we had to get into it and have a little fun!! (My family is going to kill me when they see that I posted these pictures on here--nothing they can do about it now!!!;))






It was a great day!! I'm just so blessed to have such a great husband. 6 down and only 60+ more to go!!!

8 comments:

Ashlie said...

You guys are such a good lookin' couple. No wonder your kids are so cute. By the way, I can't quit laughing after reading this, "Then, that night is when things got a little crazy!!" In another post maybe, but an anniversary post . . . Sorry, it just threw me for a minute! :O

The Websters said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I will not be doing american idol with you guys if you take my picture.....just so you know ;)

Lisa Bagley said...

KT you crack me up! I'm glad you guys had a good anniversary. Our's was really great this year too, mainly because he was actually HOME for it! You're right about how weird it feels that it has been 6 years already. And I really can't remember life without Matt. Miss you guys! Love you much!

Eva said...

Hi Katie! I was doing some browsing off my sister blog and I came across yours. I just wanted to tell you you have the cutest girls and your wedding pics are gorgeous. Hope all is well there! Take care!

kylance said...

Congrats! That's so fun! It's crazy to think you've been married for that long! Than again, our 6 years is coming up in August! Now that's nuts! Your girls are darling and I love the American Idol pictures! I'm glad you had a great day!

Shari Davis said...

happy Anniversary!!! How exciting! 6 years!! Holy manoly! You're so cute, Kate! So I am going to home for a month and we totally need to get the girls together and play! How fun!

Rachel said...

Wow! It's fun to see how much your kids have grown!! Three little girls is a lot of fun (most of the time.) It was really good to hear from you and see that you are doing so well. Your girls are beautiful! Next time you're in Casper, give a shout and we'll get together.

Nacey family said...

Katie,

Hey is was good to hear from you. Ditto on having a cute family. Don't you just love girls? However, we're expecting #3, finding out on Monday what it is, and we are crossing our fingers for a boy. Although a girl would be just great too. You guys look like you are doing great! Congrats on your anniversary.

Jesika