Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Getting Caught Up

We have had a couple of kind of busy weeks. A couple weekends ago we got really bored, so we decided to go to Layton and stay in a motel so we could swim and just spend quality time together as a family. The kids were so excited to stay in a motel because we haven't stayed in one since Traci's wedding in March. Anyway, we had the best time. The kids had an absolute blast!! We went swimming and ordered in Chinese and it was so much fun. I also got to go on a little girls' night out with my sisters that night because Traci happened to be visiting Lori at the same time. It really was a lot of fun. The only sad part about it was that we had to cut our trip short on Saturday morning when we woke up and watched the news--lots of snowfall. We headed home early, but the kids were still talking about our weekend days afterwards!!











Mireya wasn't so sure about the water for the first half hour we were at the pool, but once she got in, we couldn't get her out!!:)





Sure enough, on our way home from Layton, we got caught in a huge snowstorm. We only passed one wreck, but we had to be super careful. The kids were so excited to see the snow though, so our cut short trip to Layton was quickly forgotten. As soon as we got home, the kids changed into their snow clothes and headed outside for hours. There wasn't even very much snow out there, but they had the best time. Mireya wasn't too sure about it though. She could barely even walk in her jumpsuit, so she didn't last long.


The next weekend Martin's parents came to visit. I don't know what I was thinking, but I forgot to take any pictures while they were here!! The girls loved every minute of their stay. They wore Grandpa "Tinez" out with all of the drawing they did with him. He had to take a couple little naps a day just to keep up with them!! We had some wonderful cooking by my mother-in-law and we just visited and had a great time. Thanks for coming. We loved your visit!!:)

Lori & her kids also came to visit last weekend and so in-between visiting with Martin's parents, we got to spend a lot of time with them. The girls played with Hallee & Regyn for hours and we had a great time. It's always fun to spend time with them.

We were going to carve pumpkins while Martin's parents were here, but we ran out of time. We finally did it last night as part of our family home evening. The girls love it every year. I had never carved a pumpkin in my life until I married Martin, and he loves it, so now we do it every year with the kids. I have learned to enjoy it quite a lot myself. Kaybree wanted a turtle, Mylee wanted a horse & Mireya got what we did for her!!:) We had a great time and the pictures are a little fuzzy because I couldn't figure out what setting to put my camera on, but they turned out quite well. The girls were pretty proud of them.








We had a couple of really great weekends and it was so much fun to see everyone and spend time together. Now that I'm caught up, hopefully I will do better. I can always hope, anyway.:)

6 comments:

Bobbi said...

That looks like fun---the whole motel thing is a great idea--I might just have to use it! We haven't even picked out our pumpkins yet, let alone carved them! We are really behind:) I have never thought to carve anything but a jack-o-latern face, we might have to try that too!

kylee said...

Wow, who would have thought that just going to a motel for the night would be so much fun! I might have to try that one too! Anyway it looks like you guys had tons of fun! Your little girls are so cute! I love their jumpsuits! I'm sure this means that I have lived in Florida WAY too long, but were did you find them? :)

Eva said...

Your girls are so gorgeous. Looks like you guys have had some fun weekends! I can't believe you never carved a pumpkin! that is crazy! You guys did a great job with the ones you did!

Shari Davis said...

You've certainly been busy! How fun to have family visit! I can't believe you've never carved pumpkins either!!! It's so fun and messy!!!

Lisa said...

Ha ha, I just posted one of several "catch up" blogs myself. (The others coming soon). Glad to see you all well, safe (Wyoming winters - YUCK) and happy. Loves to all!

The Websters said...

So.....I know that I am really behind and realized that I had not posted on your blog. I am glad that you guys had such amazing weekends and very busy weeks. All of the pumpkins look great!!! I am sure Marty is going to make it a family tradition because we always did it growing up (just like dying easter eggs, making christmas cookies and sledding) Love and miss all of you!!!! Oh yeah I had to laugh at Mireya and her jumpsuit. Was that Mylee's and Kaybree's too?