Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dare we hope for a boy?!!

The Martinez fam has an announcement to make--#4 is due to arrive the very beginning of June!! We are very excited!! Dare we hope for a boy?!! Mylee & Kaybree are SURE it's going to be a boy--in fact Mylee has been telling people that I'm having a boy and it's name is going to be Shellyn--what a masculine name!!:)

I have been thinking a lot about motherhood since I found out I was pregnant. I've been contemplating the miracle that each baby is. We were so excited to find out I was pregnant, but I'm always just a little bit nervous until I can make it to a doctor. When Martin and I saw our little baby moving all over the place on the ultrasound screen it was so exciting. No matter how many children we have, the miracle of the creation of a new little being never ceases to amaze me. It's truly a miracle!!

I've been thinking a lot about my other 3 pregnancies and deliveries and how I felt about each one and I'm just so thankful for the blessing I have of being a mother. I know there are so many people in the world that desire to be moms that can't be. I'm so thankful that for whatever reason Heavenly Father granted me such an amazing blessing. I hope that it is something that I will never take for granted. When I am having a hard day with the girls, I always remind myself of that. As I've thought about each of my children coming into the world I've also thought of the bonding that takes place with my husband throughout a pregnancy and delivery. It's so fun to see the look on his face when he feels the baby move for the first time and to anticipate the arrival of something that is a part of both of us. There can't be many things in the world you can experience with your spouse that are sweeter than bringing a child into the world. Every time I think of those times right after having a baby, when it's just me, Martin and our new baby, I feel so much gratitude and joy. Some of my greatest memories of Martin and me have been right after we've had another baby. I know this is kind of a sappy post, and way longer than it needed to be to make our announcement, but I have just had a full heart lately and felt like sharing some of the things I have been thinking and feeling.

Keep your fingers crossed for us to have a boy!!:)

12 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

Congratulations, Katie and Martin! I'm so excited for you guys, and really hope you do have a boy. They're very different from girls, but so much fun! Also, I totally agree with you about the miracle of each child, and of the closeness they bring between husband and wife. Great post.

Ashlie said...

Congrats guys! I will be very interested to hear what gender you get. ;)

Shari Davis said...

Congratulations you guys!!!! I'm so excited for you!! You're such a great Mom Katie and are such a great example of patience and love. I hope you get your boy!!!! But I know you'll be happy with a girl too! :)

Jason and Amanda said...

Congratulations!!! I hope you have a boy, they are so much fun! I am sure girls are fun too though. Keep us posted.

Rachel said...

Congrats!!! The last couple times we were pregnant together. No such luck this time. Most days I'm pretty sure I'm done. But I'm happy for you guys! And best of luck on the boy thing! If I could be 'garunteed' a boy, I'd probably do it again. But who knows? So...we'll see. Give us a call next time you're in town! We need to get together!

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

Yeah for the Martinez family!! We are excited for you guys. Hope you get a boy but girls are so dang fun too. Anyway hope all is well. Maybe we will see you guys soon.

Nacey family said...

Congratulations! This is my favorite news to hear. Boys are great, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Bobbi said...

Congrats!! You have such a beautiful family, I am so excited for you guys!

kylee said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations! I hope you get your boy too!

Lori Conger, said...

Even though I feel like I'm not winning at the game of motherhood lately I couldn't agree more with what you said. And boy or girl, your baby is a very lucky child--you are a terrific mother. Love ya.

Daniel and Heidi Linford said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog. I actually found your blog on Taffy's just the other day. Congrats on the new baby!

Tom & Jen Loveland Family said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful announcement. I love reading posts like this because it helps me remember my own priorities. Hope it's a boy!