Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bathtub Swimming Pool!

This last weekend while we were in Layton for my doctor's appointment, we decided to go swimming suit shopping since this is the only time of year there are any sizes to choose from in the cutest swimming suit styles. The girls loved it. They were very happy with their selections as was I. Mireya actually didn't get a new one because hers were big on her last year and they still fit! Kaybree has a very hard little body to fit a swimming suit to because she's very tall and very slender. I don't know where she gets her body type from (obviously not from me), but her 2T swim suit bottoms from a couple years ago finally fit her without falling off, but then the top shows her belly. It really has been frustrating to find a swimming suit to fit right, so we were so pleased to find a smaller size suit that had a long top (thanks for your help, Lori). You can't really see their suits in these pictures, but they had a blast "swimming" in the bathtub last night. They begged and begged to wear their new suits in the tub since it was going to be a while before they got a real chance to try them out!!





They had a great time. As soon as I went in there I realized why I was a little hesitant to let them do it in the first place--there was an inch of water all over the floor and the towel I had put down was dripping wet. Mylee quickly explained that they had to pretend to get in and out of the pool. You obviously can't just stay in the pool the whole time!!:) I sure hope they enjoyed it because after wringing everything out, I decided it will be a while before we try the bathtub out as a swimming pool again!!!




6 comments:

Jason and Amanda said...

Your family pictures are always so cute! Where do you find all your family's cute clothes?

Shari Davis said...

You've got such a cute family! I love reading your blog! You're such an awesome mama!

Rachel said...

How fun!!!! I could see my girls LOVING that activity!!!! We'll keep it a secret, what do you say?

kylee said...

So fun! For the kids of course, not you. But their swimming suits are sure cute! And thanks for the invite to Bunko. I was so bummed that the week we moved was the same week of your bunko. It always happends that was doesn't it? Or maybe it's just my luck :)

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

Love the pics of the "swimming pool". So fun. I also love the new family pics and pics of the girls. They look so dang cute!

Lori Conger, said...

Well, it took me a while, but I finally got to checking out your blog, and I love it!! I remember being on the phone with you when you found the soaked towel and inches of water on the bathroom floor--I think you handled it better than I probably would have. And your girls look adorable in their suits!