Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anniversary and Happy Father's Day!!

I know I am more than a little behind. I never had a chance to do a post for our anniversary because I was a little behind and then I had Kyson. Well, now it's Father's Day and tomorrow is Martin's birthday, so I thought it would be a perfect time to get caught up!!

May 23rd was our 7th anniversary!! This is a picture of us before we went out to a nice, quiet dinner without any children. I can't believe it has already been 7 years and I certainly can't believe that we already have 4 kids in those 7 years!!



I am so thankful for my husband. He is such an amazing guy and I am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion. We're attending a marriage and family class for Sunday School right now and each week as we discuss different things that are important in our marriages, I have reflected back over the last 7 years and the many ups and downs we've had and the things that we have learned together. It's been a really great experience and it has made me realize even more just how thankful I am for Martin and the kind of husband and father he is. Here are ten things that I admire about Martin and some of the many reasons I love him so much.

1- The first thing that attracted me to Martin, (well, other than his gorgeous brown eyes) was his testimony of the gospel. I first saw him at institute and then when I heard him talk about his mission at a Sunday Evening Discussion that we always had on Sunday nights, I think I was already in love. I knew I wanted to get to know him better. My roommate and I were fighting over who got first dibs on him when we got back to our dorm room.:) He continues to be a spiritual strength to me and our family.

2- He is one of the most selfless people I know. He will ALWAYS put my needs and wants or the needs or wants of our family before his own.

3-He is a very hard worker. He leaves our family for 2 weeks at a time, sometimes longer, and works hard to provide for our family so that I can stay at home with the kids. When he's home he's always doing projects around the house and working on things that need done around here.

4- He can play the piano. He is an amazing piano player--much better than I am. I love to sit in the living room and listen to him play. He learns new songs so quickly and he's always learning new songs. The first time I heard him play the piano, I KNEW for sure that I was in love.

5- He is very respectful of his mother and he's teaching our children to treat me with respect regardless of how angry or frustrated they may be with me.

6- He can cook, clean and do the laundry. He is actually an amazing cook. Some of the things he comes up with are a little different, but when I am down and out, he can totally run the household. He has done a ton of cooking over the last couple of months and we had some darn good meals around here. He is also not afraid of dishwater hands. He does a lot to help me out around the house. My sisters-in-law are very jealous of this trait.

7- He is the cutest dad. The girls adore him & Kyson already has him wrapped around his finger. He is very hands-on. If he wasn't we definitely wouldn't have 4 kids already. He is such a big help to me. He can do anything I can do for the kids (He even did Mylee's hair for school some this year and he does a good job.). I can leave him with all of the kids, even overnight, and not have to worry at all. This is another trait my sisters-in-law are jealous of. He lets me have breaks from the kids quite often and it helps me be a better mom, so I really appreciate it.

8-He loves me despite all of my faults. He has so much confidence & faith in me as a mother & it helps me have confidence in myself so I can keep our household together when he's away.

9-He's my very best friend. When I'm having a bad day or my best day, he's the first person I want to tell about it. He seems to know when all I need is to just be held for a minute and he always helps me deal with problems rationally rather than getting all worked up emotionally over things. I love to just hang out with him and chat about whatever.

10- He's just plain hot. I know that's a very high school way of putting it, but there's no other word for it. He's got the most amazing eyes and many other features that I could go on about, but won't.

I love you, Martin. Thanks for all you do for me & our family. Happy anniversary, happy father's day & happy birthday!! We miss you & can't wait for you to come home.

3 comments:

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

That was very sweet! Hope to see you guys around fair time! We would love to see ya. We love you too Martin.

Ashlie said...

You deserve a guy like that so I'm glad he's so great!

Lori Conger, said...

This is a hard one to comment on. It's not like I'm gonna say, "Yea, Martin is hot!" :) Glad you survived the visit to my house and I sure can't wait to get my hands on that little boy again!