Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kyson Duran Martinez

He's here!! Kyson Duran was born on June 1st at 3:50 p.m. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and is 21 inches long. Here is our handsome little addition to our family!!:)




I thought I would take you on our little journey over the last few days!! We were so excited to be having Kyson. I was induced, so we happily checked into the hospital and settled in for the day. Martin played his PSP, spent time on his computer and we both watched a lot of TV while we were waiting for the delivery. Once I got my epidural, I was really tired, but of course couldn't sleep. Don't I look lovely?

After waiting most of the day, Kyson was finally born. Everything went really smoothly and we were all so excited to meet him for the first time. My mom brought the girls down to see us in the hospital, so they were so excited to see and hold Kyson. Mireya was a little confused for a minute, but then fell in love quickly.

Kevin, Zoe, Michael and Lori and her kids and Kamille also came to see us in the hospital, but Kevin got all of the pictures of them. The kids had had the hardest time being patient all day waiting to come to the hospital.
The next day I was feeling quite refreshed and I was looking forward to having a day just with Martin and Kyson. I love the couple days in the hospital when I just get to spend so much time with Martin and get to enjoy the sweet little spirit that just came to our family.




This is what Martin did a lot of. We finally went and rented some movies from Redbox to pass some time.

One thing I love about Davis Hospital in Layton is that they do a "candlelight dinner" for parents right after they have a baby. They even bring a bottle of sparkling cider. Martin and I love it. We sent Kyson to the nursery and had nice little romantic dinner to celebrate this new addition and our love. It is one of my very favorite things about the hospital.
By the next morning, we were ready to get out of the hospital and get home to the girls. Martin's dear mother stayed with them while we were gone, but I was anxious to get home and back to real life. We were all packed and ready to go by 10:00, but my doctor was in c-sections all day and so we didn't get released until 2:00. We were SO BORED, so we watched some more TV and tried really hard to be patient.
Here is the proud father with his son. Kyson is the first male in Martin's family to carry on the Martinez name, so they're all pretty excited.




Martin was such a sweetheart while we were in the hospital as always. He jumps to my every whim and just takes really good care of me. I love the bonding experience with him right after we've had a new baby. He brought me a rose the day after Kyson was born. He's so sweet.
When we got home, there were lots of people waiting to see Kyson!! My grandpa Perkins, my mom and Kamille came over to see him, and then Martin's parents & Cade (Darlene's little boy) were also there since they stayed with the girls while we were gone. Zoe and Michael also stopped in for a little visit. We had quite a houseful of people that wanted to see Kyson.











We are so thankful to have Kyson here safe and sound. I am always amazed at the miracle these little babies are. I stare at this new little boy and just can't believe how blessed I am to have these four healthy, sweet spirits in our home and I am amazed at how much trust Heavenly Father must have in us to send them to us.

14 comments:

Ashlie said...

Congrats Katie! He's perfect!

The Sparks said...

Congratulations! He's adorable and so are your three girls! We'll have to get our girls together to play this summer while we're here. I'm glad everything went so well.

Sandi said...

Congrats Girlie!!! He's BEAUTIFUL!!! We're happy for you and very glad things went so well for you!

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

Congrats Katie and Martin, he is adorable. Hope to see him sometime. You look great. Your girls look like happy big sisters.

Rachel said...

Congrats!!! He's beautiful! I'm glad you've finaly got a boy! I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try! lol I'm glad you've been getting so much help and I hope you can get some rest too! Best of luck!

Nacey family said...

He is beautiful! Good job. You are a pretty cute mother of 4!

kylee said...

Congratulations! He's adorable! Glad everything went well. The girls look so cute with him! Can't wait to see the little guy in person!

Tina said...

Congratulations! He's so adorable! You just have the cutest little kids! And you look amazing, as always!!

Shari Davis said...

How cute!! Congratulations to you guys! Boys are so much fun!!

Eva said...

Congratulations Katie, Martin, and girls! He is gorgeous. You guys are going to have so dang much fun with him!

Taffy and Tony said...

Congratulations! So exciting to have a new baby in the house! I agree, too, about that time in the hospital to bond with your baby without having to deal with everything else. I really loved that with my last baby.

Darlene said...

Sooooo....I can't really tell who he looks like more!!??! He is cute though! Can't wait to see him in person and hope it is sooner than we hope! Hope everything is well and we miss all of you tons!!!

Becky said...

Congratulations!!! How fun to have a little boy now. He is adorable.

Bobbi said...

He is so cute!! You two have BEAUTIFUL children, how fun to add a little boy to your family--I am sure all your girls love it!