Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rexburg Trip

Last week the girls and I headed to Rexburg to spend some time with Traci & Jasmine. David was out of town most of the time and Braxton and Riley were camping, so it was just a girls' week out (other than Kyson of course). We had a great time. I was so nervous to drive 3 hours by myself with the 4 kids, especially since Kyson has to eat every 2 hours, but we made it all in one piece and it wasn't even that bad.

The first day we took the kids to the splash park. We both forgot our cameras, but they had the best time. My kids finally dared go down the slides, well, at least Mylee & Mireya did. Kaybree preferred to play in the little fountains of water that sprang up all around the park. We ended our little splash park trip with some yummy cotton candy.

The next day Traci had the wonderful idea of taking the girls to the beauty school to get their toenails painted. The girls that painted their toenails were so good with the girls. They had a blast and talked about it for the rest of the day. My girls thought it was the best thing ever. (It did take Kaybree a while to decide she did actually want to get them painted.):)





Mireya's Toenails

Kaybree's Toenails

Mylee's Toenails

When we were done at the beauty school, we headed back to Traci's for a quick lunch and then drove into Idaho Falls to do some shopping at the mall. It was a lot of fun and we were able to find the perfect gift for Martin for his birthday.

After we got back to the house and had dinner, David mentioned going on a boat ride with his parents down the river (which is VERY high right now). Well, we aren't ones to sit around the house, so me and the girls loaded up in the motorhome (which my girls think is the coolest thing ever) and drove to the river. Traci stayed home with Kyson so we could go. Thanks again, Traci. We froze to death since it had been a rainy day, but it was still a lot of fun. Kaybree was tougher than nails. She sat on the back and had the cold wind blowing at her the whole time, but every time I looked at her, she had a great big smile on her face. I wasn't so tough. It was a lot of fun though and the girls really enjoyed it.





This is the famous motorhome that my kids love. Kaybree told me we need to get one just like it so we can sleep while we drive. :)


We had the best time in Rexburg. I was completely exhausted by the time I got home, but it was so much fun. I'm so glad we went. I think I gained a couple pounds (right when I'm trying to lose the baby weight) from Traci's amazing cooking, but it was totally worth it. Thanks, David and Traci.

We got back to Cokeville just in time for a little picnic up Pine Creek. The bugs were annoying, but other than that, it was a lot of fun.





What a great weekend!! It sure made Martin's time away go by faster. Thanks, everyone!!

2 comments:

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

You are pretty amazing. 4 kids and nothing stops you. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the toenails.

Shari Davis said...

You're such a fun mom! You're always doing fun things with your kids! You have some beautiful kids!