Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mylee's Stories

Nearly every day when Mylee gets home from school, she has some story to tell me. Most of them are far from the truth, but she continues to come up with these made-up stories and then sometimes at the end she'll turn to me and whisper, "Just pretend that's what happened, okay?"

It started a little early today because she was telling stories before she ever even got to school. She was all dressed and ready for school, but it was raining outside so I told her I would give her a ride. We were all sitting in the living room waiting until it was time to take her to school. Then it began:

"We painted the school bus. It's not yellow anymore. The yellow was too bright and sparkly so we decided to paint it bright pink, like my jacket. Our bus is the only one that got painted though. And we decided to put black stripes on it too, so it totally matches the outfit I have on today. Wow, huh, Mom. And if you wear something that matches the school bus, you get a special prize when you get to school and you have to keep it in your desk until Halloween. Then you get to bring all of your prizes and treats home and share them with your family. (Kaybree and Mireya were getting excited at this point.) They give us all kinds of prizes, like Bratz dolls and all kinds of stuff. It's so cool, Mom. You've got to see all of the prizes I have in my desk at school, one for everyone in the whole family."

Finally Kaybree said, "You're lying, Mylee, and it's not good to lie." That was the end of the story, but it sure was entertaining for the moment. If only the school busses really were bright pink with black stripes. That would be a little more exciting, wouldn't it?

6 comments:

Ashlie said...

That's too cute! Not sure I'd want to send my kids to school on a hot pink bus though . . .

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Leave it to Mylee to be the storyteller in the family. I really thought it would be Kaybree! LOL I think Kamille would love the idea of a pink school bus. Tell her to write the stories down, maybe she'll get published!

Taffy and Tony said...

Great story, Mylee! I think this is exactly where my Mylie is headed. She is constantly telling me things that "Sara Lynn" is doing like it's really true. I haven't a clue who Sara Lynn is. But it's pretty funny.

kylee said...

Well atleast she has a creative and imaginative mind!? And a pink and black school bus would be way cooler than the yellow ones they have now. Brynlee would be all over that :)

Lori Conger, said...

I love it! Just think of the stories she's going to write some day! My favorite part is Kaybree soaking it up for a while, and then calling her on it. I sure miss you guys.

Becky said...

That is too funny! Your kids are too cute!