Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Random Happenings at the Martinez House

I grew up eating cinnamon and sugar toast. Martin thinks it's disgusting, but I happen to love it and so do my kids. You just toast the bread, put a thin coat of butter on it and lightly sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Well, Mireya has still to figure out that the sugar kind of melts into the butter, so she always thinks I forgot to put the sugar on hers. She took things into her own hands this last week. I came in from the living room and this is what I found! Not only had she put about 3 tablespoons of sugar on top, but she had also gotten in the pantry and poured some syrup on her plate to dip her toast in.






















A couple mornings after the sugar incident I got busy fixing the kids some breakfast and I guess I wasn't fast enough, because when I turned around Kyson had grabbed a little sandwich bag off the counter that had a couple mini donuts in it from the day before and started shoving them in his mouth. It was quite the mess to clean up.:)



Mylee finally lost her 1st tooth. She has wanted to all year. She has had a really loose tooth for a couple weeks now, but she wouldn't let us touch it. It finally came out in her hand the other night. She was so excited for the tooth fairy to come! Kaybree was instantly worried. She said, "Is the tooth fairy going to come into our room?" I said, "Yeah. She just flies in and switches the money for the tooth really quickly and you won't even know she came. She's magic just like Santa and really nice, so there's nothing to worry about." She wasn't convinced and in the end Mylee decided to leave her tooth on the kitchen table so Kaybree wouldn't be scared.:)





The last exciting thing we did this week was ride horses for the first time this "spring." Mylee was in school, but the rest of us headed to the ranch to ride. Kaybree and Mireya were so excited to ride. Brian was a good sport and led them around and around and around. I rode with Kyson for a bit and then Kaybree wanted to take him. He wasn't sure what to think of the horses. It was fun and the kids really loved it, so thanks, Bri.





















That's about all the excitement that happened in our household this week!!:)

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

I grew up with cinnamon and sugar toast too, I didn't know not everyone did!! :)

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Brian LOVES cinnamon and sugar toast!! is that what your mom fed you all or what??? LOL Yea for Mylee!! She looks so cute without her tooth. I love that look, I think it makes them look so adorable. I wish I could've been there when you guys were riding horses, I love the look on Kaden's face when he's riding. Pure heaven.

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

BTW when did Mylee get her ears pierced??? Am I blind or what? What a big girl!

Parker-Delgado Family said...

Mireya likes her toast just like I do--the more sugar the better! Congratulations to Mylee for losing her first tooth and I have to say it is hilarious that Kaybree was so nervous about the tooth fairy. Never thought about a child being scared of the tooth fairy coming in their room. So cute--and her birthday party looked fabulous. Great job, Katie, your family is so sweet!

Lori Conger, said...

Can you believe I"m finally getting caught up on blog-reading. I love all the pictures, but not as much as my kids. They've oohed and aahed for the past few minutes, making me scroll through the pictures again and again. Glad I can read about your life since we never talk:)Good job of writing two weeks in a row.You're on a roll!