Sunday, April 18, 2010

April has kept us pretty busy as usual. The kids have loved having a warm day here and there. Kyson is growing up so fast we can't believe it!! He is our one child that loves to be rough-housed with. He loves to be thrown in the air. Martin gets a pretty big kick out of it!:)


Kyson also loves licorice. When it's late afternoon and it's too early for bed, but too late for another nap, sometimes the best answer to his orneriness is a piece of Red Vines licorice. He loves to gnaw on it. It makes a pretty big mess, but it's amazing what we're willing to do for a little peace and quiet.:)
Kamille was baptized on Easter weekend so that was fun to have everyone come visit for that. Here is a picture of all the grandkids, but Hallee and Boston. Boston had the flu so he was at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Pretty cute kids, huh?
Here is a picture of me and the kids at the baptism. I was the pianist for the baptism and I know that's not a big deal to most people, but I don't usually play in front of people. Martin and I both play a lot in the comfort of our home, but that's about it for me. I was really nervous and practiced a ton! Kamille sang a solo and she did a beautiful job. I was so worried I was going to mess up while she was singing! Thankfully I didn't. Phew!!!

Here are the Parkers and Delgados that were able to attend. David came a little later, but didn't quite make it in time for the baptism. Aren't they so cute?! I didn't get a picture of any of the other families. (They are on Becca's blog though.)

I love this picture of Jasmine and Paisley. I had to post it!

Here are 2 of the 3 Nate babies that were born this past year. Kyson was having a nap, so we have yet to get all three babies in one picture, but aren't Paisley and Olivia cute together? They are only 5 hours apart, so it's fun to see them grow up together.

And, of course, since it was Easter weekend, we had to dye Easter eggs. The kids had a great time. I may have been a little over organized though, so they lost interest a little quicker than usual. I had visions of paint flying around the kitchen and eggs being dropped everywhere, so I went down the line, handed out an egg to everyone, then went back down the line with another egg. They got tired of waiting for the next egg.:) Next year I guess I'll deal with the total mayhem so they have more fun!:) (My plan did work, however. The mess was a breeze to clean up!)

The other day when the kids got bored while I was folding laundry, this is the game they came up with!! Kyson wasn't quite sure what to think of it, but the girls loved it! The unfortunate part is that Kaybree weighs too much for Mireya to push her in the laundry basket, so Kaybree definitely got the short end of that deal!

A short time later, this is what I found them doing to pass the time. Kaybree has gotten into a hair-fixing mood lately. They're usually a little unorthodox, but she loves doing it. Too bad she doesn't want me to fix HER hair cute anymore.

One really important thing that happened this month was Mireya's birthday!! She was so excited to turn 3. I felt a little badly because on her real birthday everyone called her to talk to her, but I wouldn't let them because we didn't actually celebrate her birthday for a whole other week when Martin got home. Thankfully she's still young enough to do that this year.:) Then on the day we did celebrate her b-day, I had to call all those people back and have them talk to her so she would know who had called her on her b-day!! She was so cute all day. Every time I asked her what she wanted for her b-day she would say she wanted a cake and cupcakes. She couldn't tell me what she wanted for a present, so it was a little difficult shopping for her, but we got the job done.

This is her adorable Dora cake that Sue Richardson made for her. Isn't it perfect and adorable?! Mireya couldn't believe she got a Dora cake. She is crazy for Dora right now. I think we're beginning to own stock in the Dora company these days.:) Everyone came down for cake and ice cream and she was feelin' pretty special. Anyway, thanks, Sue.


Here is Mireya in her new dance outfit. She has to wear it every day now. She loves to sing and dance. She is famous in the family for her "horsey dance." I never knew it was possible for such little hips to move so much.:)
Pictures like this one remind me once again how little my kids look like me (other than Kaybree).
I think that pretty much wraps up the last few weeks. We're so thankful to finally be getting some warmer weather!!

6 comments:

Taffy and Tony said...

Looks like you're having a great month! And I'm not surprised that Kyson likes being thrown around like that. Our problem was that we had a boy first who lived for that kind of play, and then we wondered what was wrong with our girls when they didn't like it one bit!

Mike, Katie and Annali said...

Looks like fun! Your kids are as cute as ever! I love the picture of Mireya in her dance outfit with her hands on her hips. That is too funny.

Rachel Rager said...

Cute kids! Looks like you guys are having LOTS of fun!

Brian and Rebecca Nate said...

Your kids are so beautiful and so are you, so of course they look like you! (with Martin's dark hair and eyes!) I love the "horsey dance", her little hips just jiggle! What a doll. At least I can get her to talk to me, she's pretty "out of her shell". Kaybree will only talk to me on the phone! Oh well, I still love em, maybe when Kaybree is 15 or 25 I'll get her to talk to me in person!

Parker-Delgado Family said...

Thanks for the monthly recap. It is proof that my family is truly in Cokeville a ton. I think we were present for most of your monthly events! Also, I forgive you ahead of time for posting that crazy picture of my family--we definitely aren't looking our best. I love your kids so much. It is fun to read all about the darling things they do. Great job!

Lori Conger, said...

Okay, I miss you guys so much I can't stand it! Your kids are so cute, and you look darling in that last picture with Mireya. I'll send you some gas money, and you come visit:)